Welcome to the IPC Website!
The Indian Philosophical Congress was established by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore and Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan in 1925. Its Silver Jubilee Session was at Calcutta University and the Golden Jubilee Session was at Delhi University. In 1985, the Diamond Jubilee session was inaugurated in Hyderabad by Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. In 2000, the Platinum Jubilee session was held in New Delhi with President K. R. Narayanan presiding as Patron.
Each year, the Congress is hosted by a different university in India, as decided by the Executive Committee during the previous Congress. Philosophers, thinkers, research scholars, students & even lay people from India & abroad participate in the Congress. The Congress runs over a period of four days, with the following regular events:
(A) Endowment Lectures delivered by Eminent Thinkers.
1. Pratap Seth Vedanta Lecture
2. Buddha Jayanti Lecture
3. Acharya Tulsi Lecture
4. Swami Narayana Theistic Vedanta Lecture
5. Saiva Siddhanta Lecture
6. Khwaja M A Hay Lecture on Humanism
7. Gujarat Vidyapeeth Lecture on Gandhian Philosophy & Peace
8. Vallabha Vedanta Lecture
9. Professor Ganesh Prasad Das Lecture on Inter-Cultural And Inter-Religious Understanding
10. Daya Krishna Memorial Lecture
11. Dr K S Murthy Memorial Lecture
12. Pappiya Ghosh Memorial Lecture
(B) Two Symposia on important philosophical themes. For the 90th IPC, these will be:
1. Space and Time
2. Human Rights: A Need for New Perspectives
(C) Sectional Meetings, in which participants whose abstracts were accepted for the Congress present their papers. Papers are presented under the following sections:
1. History of Philosophy
2. Logic & Scientific Method
3. Metaphysics & Epistemology
4. Ethics & Social Philosophy
You can get all the details of this year's Congress on this web-site.
We look forward to meeting you at the IPC!